Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Writers in Conversation appears in February and August each year. Submissions are accepted at any time, and the deadline for each issue is 31 May (for August) and 30 November (for January).
Please send finished versions of interviews, formatted in accordance with the journal’s Style Guide, to Gillian Dooley, Flinders University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
1. Upon accepting the Editor's offer to publish, the Author/s grant/s to Writers in Conversation an irrevocable and non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce and communicate their Work in whatever form the Editorial Board deems fit, including the right to enter into agreements authorising third parties to do the same.
2. The Author/s retain/s copyright in their Work and may publish or authorise others to publish the entire work or any part thereof, provided always that due acknowledgement is made in any further publication that the Work was originally published in the Journal.
3. The Author/s warrant/s that they are the sole copyright owners of the Work and that it contains nothing that is defamatory or of such a nature to incur liability of any kind whatsoever, and the Author/s further agree/s to indemnify the Publisher and its employees and agents against any liability, loss or harm caused by actions arising from the publication of the Work.
4. The Publisher has the sole right to determine publication and may make editorial changes of a non-substantive nature to the work without consulting the Author/s.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.